2. Solos, duos, trios, and extra small groups will start practices at teacher's discretion
Mandatory Summer Intensives
All DKG members must attend one of the summer dance intensives at the studio.
DKG Program Description, Commitment, Rules, Demerits System and Classes
1. During the 2018-2019 year, DKG dancers will need to attend dance conventions/competitions and 3 local competitions.
2. Each dancer will be in two dances, their group dance and the production number.
3. DKG practices will be every Monday night, times to be determined. Depending on the size of the company other nights might be needed and will be given out in August. There will also be mandatory practices on the Sunday before we go to competition.
4. DKG practices are not optional. Please mark your calendar with the dates provided and plan to attend. You need to notify your choreographer if you will not be at a practice (this doesn't mean you still aren't issued demerits).
5. All dancers need to wear blanch dance clothes for all DKG practices.
6. Dancers are given demerits for the reasons listed below. Four missed practices will be allowed per year without demerits (2 per semester, but does not include competition season).
- Missing a DKG practice - 1
- Being more than 15 minutes late - 1/2
- Not wearing black dance attire to class - 1/2
- Bad attitude or being disrespectful - 1
- Missing a scheduled event - 1
- Missing a competition - 3
- Doing something that would harm another DKG member
(such as purposely jeopardizing a number that is competing) -
grounds for immediate termination.
7. Demerits can be erased for attending extra dance conventions, going to extra practices and helping at the studio.
8. In addition to DKG, all dancers have to be enrolled in regular dance classes (ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, and/or hip hop).